MA Medieval Studies, University of York (2009)
– dissertation “Patterns of Patronage – The Reconstruction of Two Norfolk Parish Churches During the Fifteenth Century”
First-class BA (Hons) in History and Archaeological Studies
University of Kent at Canterbury (2006)
- History Prize for best second-year performance in History (2005) – dissertation “The Impact of the Arrival of the Friars on the Topography of the 13th-Century Town”
- Faculty Rotary Prize for performance in final degree examinations in History (2006)
Microsoft Certified Professional (2001)
Currently looking for temporary/contract/part-time/full-time work in the heritage industry. I have a significant interest in crime impacting upon historic sites and their investigation.
Trustee and Honorary Membership Secretary of The Ecclesiological Society – www.ecclsoc.org
(March 2019 to present)
Volunteer Management – Volunteer Coordinator for The Churches Conservation Trust
(January 2009 to March 2018)
Researcher, developer and tutor of ‘The English Medieval Parish Church from Early Foundations to the Reformation’ at the University of York’s Centre for Lifelong Learning between 2009 and 2016.
Research Assistant (reading & transcription), for PhD research on the archaeology of the workhouse following the Poor Law Union Amendment Act 1834 (University of York, 2008)
Photographer – historic buildings, architecture and landscapes – www.gwimages.co.uk.
Photographer for The Churches Conservation Trust’s printed literature and online publication (2009-2016).
Developer of The Ledgerstone Survey of England & Wales website – www.lsew.org.uk
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Microsoft Access – database design and development with Visual Basic for Applications
- Network installation
- PC, Apple Mac, IOS, Android operating systems.
- Web design – WordPress (source code), hand-coded HTML/CSS and PHP/MySQL
- Adobe Photoshop/Light Room/Bridge and Netobjects Fusion HTML generator
Exemplary customer service skills with an interest in quality service at British hotels, restaurants and retail – see my reviews on Tripadvisor